Wasp nest fire sets cottage ablaze – Northamptonshire Telegraph




Firefighters were called to tackle a blaze at a cottage last night (Saturday August 3), which is believed to have started after a wasp nest in the property ignited.


The fire at a cottage in Main Street, Cottesbrooke, has left a third floor bathroom ‘moderately damaged’ by fire.

Two fire crews were called to the scene at 18.34pm and on arrival crews found smoke issuing from the loft.

A spokesman for Northants Fire and Rescue said the blaze was “caused by a wasp nest being ignited by heat from a lamp and a transformer.”

The fire was in a vaulted loft of a three storey detached stone built home, and the blaze was under control by 19.29pm.

Firefighters tackled the fire using a specialist cobra firefighting system, which minimises the amount of water needed to extinguish the fire.

Wasp nest fire sets cottage ablaze – Northamptonshire Telegraph
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNHSZ1POQKMJaHuGb5ukSxMlatXSVA&url=http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/top-stories/wasp-nest-fire-sets-cottage-ablaze-1-5352966
http://news.google.com/news?q=wasp+nest&output=rss
wasp nest – Google News
Google News
http://www.gstatic.com/news-static/img/logo/en_us/news.gif

This entry was posted in Wasps Nests. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.